One of my mama friends brought this dish to a morning play-date a long while ago but recently, I’ve been thinking about how delicious it was. I can remember when everyone tasted it. We were all speechless and it made us laugh because no one was talking; just pigging out! I’m not kidding. Lots of ‘mmmm’ and ‘oooooo’ and ‘aaaahhhhh’ – Good Times! Anyway, since this is a dish you make the night before, I think it would make
A PERFECT SUNDAY MORNING BREAKFAST
Caramel French Toast
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
8 slices of Italian Bread (buy good bread!)
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
Garnish – Warm Syrup
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a full boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened (about 2-3 min)
- Pour into greased 9×13 baking pan & arrange bread slices in a single layer on top. (set aside)
- Combine eggs with remaining ingredients-Mix Well & Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover and bake at 350 until golden brown (about 40 min.)
- Drizzle with syrup & serve!
Have a wonderful Sunday.