OH ‘L’ — That’s one of my girl friends She graced our play group with this dish maybe a year or two ago and when I make it, I’m speechless.
A PERFECT SUNDAY MORNING BREAKFAST
Caramel French Toast
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
8 slices of Italian Bread (buy good bread!)
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
Garnish – Warm Syrup
- Combime the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a full boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened (about 2-3 min)
- Pour into greased 9×13 baking pan & arrange bread slices in a single layer on top. (set aside)
- Combine eggs with remaining ingredients-Mix Well & Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover and bake at 350 until golden brown (about 40 min.)
- Drizzle with syrup & serve!
mmmmm…. Have a wonderful Sunday.