I got this idea from a cute little book titled, “Little Books for Busy Moms”
Sometimes I want to let my friends know that I’m thinking of them but I never know what to do. This adorable “Harvest Hash Bag” is something easy and sweet you can do to let them know you are THANKFUL for them!
HARVEST HASH BAG
Things You’ll Need:
Brown Lunch Bags
Fall-Colored Silk Leaves
Raffia or Ribbon
Large mixing bowl
1 box Bugle Chips
1 bag Pumpkin Candies or Candy Corns
2 cups Caramel Popcorn
1 cup Golden Raisins
2 cups Small Pretzels
1 cup Peanuts
- Glue fall-colored silk leaves to the outside of each bag.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Divide mixture evenly into however many decorated bags you choose to make.
- Tie each bag with raffia and attach an “I’m Thankful for You” note to it.
- Have a fall birthday party? This is a great treat bag for the kids! (minus the peanuts)
- Does your child need to bring in treats for his/her class at school? Make a large batch and pass out to each child! (omit the peanuts and sub extra pretzels, bugle chips, or find something on your classroom snack list)
- Hosting a fall party? Go to Michaels Craft Store and find a ‘prettier’ fall bag to put this mixture in and give it to each of your guests as they leave your party.
- I wrote the measurements the book listed but the sky is the limit with this little creation! Use your imagination and your own measurements to create your own Harvest Hash. I’m really just passing along this Harvest Hash to get your ‘juices flowing’!!!