YOU ASKED: Do you have a recipe for a good sugar cookie that I can use for cut outs? Also, I need a good royal icing recipe too. I’m going to make cookies in the shape of tools for the boys construction birthday party. The cookie cutters are so cute! I just hope they turn out okay. Thank you!
I ANSWERED: Thanks for thinking of me Such a cute idea! We did a ‘construction bday party’ for Rocco’s 1st birthday too OK, well, to be honest, LAST YEAR, I tried TWO different Sugar Cookie Cut-Out Recipes and neither one, I would want to try again or recommend. I do have a GREAT book titled, “The Ultimate Cookie Book” and have yet to try THIS recipe… (Photo from Bryn Mooth)
SPECIAL OCCASION SUGAR COOKIES
1 cup sugar, divided
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 tbsp whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- In large mixing bowl, combine 1st 5 ingredients. Beat at medium speed until light & fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder & salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Cover w plastic wrap. Chill 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat Oven 400
- On Floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut desired shapes.
- Place shaped 2 inches apart on cookie sheets
- Sprinkle shapes with sugar.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
Click Link for a 5 Star:
READERS- Can YOU help this mama with a great Sugar Cookie and/or Icing Recipe? Please COMMENT below and post the Recipe(s) there too! THANK YOU!