We’re dog sitting… A Princess Dog, named Mia.
Being that we’re not used to having a Princess in our home, this is a fun new adventure!
- Mia prances around the house like she owns this place.
- She barks when her water isn’t at a certain level in her bowl.
- She likes for you to back up before she eats her treat.
- She must sit ON TOP of a couch pillow rather than on the seat cushion.
- She takes 10 hours to go to the bathroom.
- She even points her paw to the floor when you stand and hold her. (Like when a woman puts the back of her hand out in front of you to grab or shake your hand…that’s what Princess Mia does.)
We’ve dog-sat her many times in the past but each time the experience is different. Its most likely because the boys grow up and change and they look at her differently than the time before. Roman (my 22 mo. old), calls her name pretty much all day. At bed-time, he doesn’t even want to go to bed because he wants to be with her. Not to mention, he’s waking up earlier just to see her. NICE. He scoots his tiny bum down the stairs and his little Piggy Toes race to the laundry room where she’s staying. Poor Girl.
She wakes up to Roman going straight for her face…
and then he shouts at her, “MIA! KISS!” and kisses her head. What little boy doesn’t want to kiss a Princess?
Within a few minutes, Rocco’s up (earlier than usual) and joins in on the fun with Roman. Wondering what’s on top of her cage? Floor Rugs so she stays warm and safe… I think?? The boys run around with them throughout the day which makes for one more thing to yell about
I go to the kitchen to start breakfast and the boys have a blast with Mia and her cage. Being that Beau isn’t a caged dog, this is the best new ‘toy’ for 2 toddlers. And ALL WEEK, this is their morning:
Dog Sitting Is FUN, Right?