YOU ASKED: Hi Angelique! Do you know of a good work-out DVD or series that will give you a full body work out– cardio/strength/just overall feel-good? I’m looking for something that I wouldn’t get bored with and can pick and choose segments…if it exists! I’m tired of going on the treadmill in my gloomy basement. I want to raise my heart rate a little and get toned too. Thanks sweet girl!
I ANSWERED: You should be Congratulated and proud of yourself for taking time for yourself and your body as a busy mama. Not only is this benefiting YOU, but its benefiting your CHILDREN too! If you are looking for a workout strictly through DVD’s, I have 2 words for you: JILLIAN MICHAELS! A few girlfriends of mine recommended her dvd’s to me a few years ago and I’m hooked! I have 3 DVD’s and thanks to her incredible, kick butt workouts, I lost all of my baby weight (and a little more) after both pregnancies! Not only did I lose the weight, I toned my belly too. I sound like an AD, huh? lol I must say, her DVD’s weren’t the only factor in me losing the weight & toning my body – My workout routine consists of a variety of things, not to mention I LOVE my elliptical, but if you want a good DVD work-out, this is it!
Also, ‘ON DEMAND’ (Comcast) has 20-30 minute Jillian Michaels Work Outs that I LOVE when I need a quick workout that will get my heart racing. If you do that, I’m recommending something that may sound silly but totally works: Try putting a stand up easel mirror next to the tv so you can watch yourself! Then you REALLY can’t slack when you’re watching yourself work out!
You mentioned being tired of your treadmill too. I think you’re tired of it bc of where its located! You can get a great workout on the treadmill and if you enjoy it, try to find a place in your home to relocate it. I’ve had my elliptical ALL OVER our house…the sun-room, a guest bedroom, our bedroom, the basement. Poor Brian has to lug it around the house when I’m ready for a change!
For More Tips on How a BUSY MAMA can get a little Workout in…TRY THESE TIPS:
- Take some time with your kids and teach them how to do Jumping Jacks! My boys LOVE this and it benefits us all.
- Push Ups are great too! When I was in the clear to work-out after Roman, I would lay him on the floor and do push-ups over top of him. He LOVED it and I got to sneak in a little kiss when I get down to him too (fyi- I’m awful with push-ups and no one was ever hurt from me doing this) LOL
- Find time for Crunches! GREAT for Abs and something to do while you’re watching tv, reading a book, etc…
- Sitting at the computer? Have a swivel chair? Flex your abs & swivel while you are reading or typing! I’M SWIVELING RIGHT NOW
- If you’re reading (on the couch, at your desk…) Sit up tall and pump your arms over your head for 30 seconds and repeat 5 times.
* The bottom line is – Whatever you do will BENEFIT your body, your stress level, your well-being and your overall health! *
Now get off the computer and go Work-Out! But come back later and tell me about it! xo