I had 3/4 of a roasting chicken left over on Friday and no clue what I wanted to do with it. Thankfully, a friend posted a recipe on FB for ‘White Chicken Chili’ but I didn’t have all of ingredients on the list. So, I twisted it a bit: adding ingredients, omitting some, changing a few others and this
Chicken Chili was Creamy & Delicious & Mmm Mmm, GOOD!!!
1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
1 tbsp. jarred jalapeno peppers, diced small
1 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
1 Can Corn, 1/2 of juice drained
2 cups Whole Milk
1 can Cannellini Beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
Garnish with Cheddar Cheese & Dash of Parsley for Color
- In a medium-large pot, combine EVOO, onion, bell peppers, and diced jalapeno chiles. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cumin, corn, milk, and beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken. Season with S&P.
- Top with a little cheddar cheese & Serve!
I served our Chicken Chili over White Rice and the boys gobbled it up! YUM!
For the recipe that inspired my version: Meemo’s Kitchen