Life would be grand if we could sneak away for regular mani/pedi appointments, wouldn’t it? Finding the time (and $$$) would be wonderful but as a busy mama of 2, soon to be 3, its just not do-able! Here’s my quick DIY Mani/Pedi Lesson! (Not that you don’t know the steps, but for some reason, when I read them, it looks easier and then it inspires me to get it done!) If I can find the time to accomplish a quick ‘beauty session’, so can you!
So pretty for the holidays!
DIY Mani/Pedi for a Busy Mama
1. Get all of your supplies together before you start- Cotton Balls (to remove old polish), Nail Clipper, Nail File, Cuticle Solution, Scrubber, Cream, Polish (including base & top coat polish)
2. Pick your nail length and trim and cut your nails.
3. Tend to your cuticles. Keep them nice and clean looking and apply cuticle oil!
4. A mani/pedi is always best with a base coat. This will help polish stick to your nail and also prevents discoloration of your nails.
5. Apply polish. Do NOT apply coats back to back on one hand before moving onto the next. Apply one coat to both hands then repeat.
6. Check your work and fix any mistakes.
7. Apply fast dry top coat! This will help your mani/pedi to last longer – Don’t skip this step!
Here are 2 other looks I’m excited to try on my nails this season!
via The Beauty Department (.com)