Remember I told you about Brian’s love for CURRY? Well, he also has a love for Tikka Masala! After purchasing a jar of Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce once, I knew I could attempt this on my own. I looked up a handful of recipes, saved the list from the jar and this is:
Angelique’s Chicken Tikka Masala (with a few ingredients I forgot to measure)
- 1 – 1.5 lb. chicken breasts (cut in 1 inch cubes)
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Paprika… (this is where I stopped measuring because the boys dumped their basket of 50 books on the floor)
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can Tomato Puree
- 1 cup Milk or Light Cream
- In large skillet, heat a little EVOO & cook chicken cubes
- Toss in onion & red pepper. Mix all together, then add garlic.
- Season with the next 10 seasonings!
- Pour tomato puree & cream (or milk) in pan.
- Toss & Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens & Chicken is cooked through.
- Taste, Season, Taste… I just kept shaking those ingredients! lol
- Serve over Rice – I served with Steamed Green Beans!