Ahhhhh… Christmas morning! The excitement, the thrill, the laughter, the smiles all around – its one of the best mornings of the year! But one thing you don’t want to deal with is COOKING (or baking) while everyone else is relaxing and enjoying the morning! Try one of these easy and delicious breakfast recipes - Make them ahead so ALL you have to do on Christmas morning is pop it in the oven! Our breakfast tradition is Monkey Bread. My friend T gave me her recipe and this will be the 3rd year I’ve made it… getting better each year!
* Sausage & Egg Bake *
* Mini Quiches *
- 3 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon – diced
- 1 small red onion- diced
- 2 Tablespoons of cheddar cheese – grated
- 3 – 4 pre-made frozen puff pastry squares
- S&P to taste
- Dash of cream or milk- Optional
- Italian Seasoning
- Sprinkle of fresh or dried Parsley
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Grease muffin pan
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, bacon, onion, cheese & salt & pepper, Italian season with a fork until all mixed together well.
- Cut circles out of the defrosted puff pastry and place into the greased muffin tray.
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
* Overnight French Toast *
* Overnight Cinnamon Rolls *
Have you been to the website, Joy of Baking? Its full of incredible recipes from cookies to comfort foods, and these TESTED Cinnamon Rolls are absolutely delicious! mmmm
* Monkey Bread *
This is what it looks like when you take it out of the oven.
and then you flip it over… OMGoodness – Yep, now you read the recipe! Thank T, not me! Well, you can thank me for my typing skills!
- 18-20 Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 stick of melted butter
- Cinnamon (we like a lot!)
- 1/3 (about) packet of Jello Vanilla Pudding (not instant)
- Grease a bundt pan & sprinkle a little cinnamon into the pan
- Place Rolls down (try your best to do this evenly or you will have a lopsided product)
- Sprinkle more cinnamon on top then brown sugar & dry pudding mix.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Dampen a kitchen towel and ring out with warm water. Lay over the pan and leave it out overnight for it to rise.
- CHRISTMAS MORNING – Preheat Oven to 350
- Bake 20 minutes
- Let it rest for a few minutes before flipping it over.
Heaven on Earth!
May your Christmas morning be FILLED with love & happiness & special moments with your family – Hopefully these make-ahead recipes will keep you OUT of the kitchen and IN the mix of it all with your loved ones!