I was thinking about what to wear on Christmas Day when a friend wrote to me and asked for some Christmas/Mommy attire suggestions. I had all intentions on putting together a post with many different ‘collages’! I know everyone has different Christmas Day plans, some will see a lot of people, others will stay home with their immediate family. I wanted to write a post that was full of different looks that caters to any mom: the jeans mom, the dressy mom, the pj’s & sweats mom… I just can’t get it together this year! But there’s always next ~ HA! Keep Reading!
So, after I got the boys to bed, I did some ‘online shopping’ & found a few great pieces for mamas! I’ll explain how you can turn these pieces into a ‘mama outfit’! They are all affordable, super cute, and most importantly, KID FRIENDLY. Let me explain.
1. Red jeans and open sweater- Colored Jeans are so popular right now and what a perfect time to wear them! Express sells cute open sweaters and lots of different colored jeans. Mix & Match the sweater, pick what color jeans suits you & Voila! A cute Christmas Day outfit!
2. Cupcake Dress- Its $50 and crazy adorable. So who cares if the kids get a chocolate stain on it, its soft & frilly, festive yet not over the top: I love it. Can’t maneuver with kids? Throw a pair of black leggings on and cardigan too!
3. Jumpsuit- Yep, I said it. I have yet to try one on but I. LOVE. THIS. JUMPSUIT. Its from the Gap and looks really comfortable too! You can make it casual or dressy depending on your shoes and accessories. I’m tempted to try it & I’d venture to say its a great Day to Night ensemble too! (flats during the day, heels at night)
4. The Sequin Sweatshirt- This is for the mama who will be in sweats ALL day! Save your college hoodie for another day and find something a little more festive…&/or *sparkly*!!! Macy’s has them on Sale – $17!
5. Patent Heel- Well, you all know my FAV purchase was my Red Patent Heels… these blush patent heels are so cute and would go perfect with the Cupcake Dress, btw! You can also pair them with jeans, slacks, a dress, even a skirt- They are really cute & who would guess? TARGET!
6. Tie-neck Top- I’ll admit, on its own, it doesn’t look like much. But its a great olive color and with gold accessories, an awesome pair of dark skinny jeans or even a fun earring-it would be a cool Christmas outfit! and its only $16 from Old Navy.
7. Red Blouse- Yeah, I’m definitely thinking about overnighting this to my home. This is ME & I LOVE IT. Especially the gold detail on the shoulder. (someone/anyone can send this idea to my hubby. Just saying.)
8. Black Jeans- I just saw them at the mall today. Everywhere. I think jeans are more comfortable than wearing black ‘slacks’ and they would be cute with flats, heals, sweaters, blouses… Worth the purchase & great addition to your wardrobe! You’ll get lots of use out of a nice pair!
9. Victoria’s Secret- Yes, they 1-2 day ship and if you want to make the crochet dress more kid-friendly, pair it with leggings and Uggs & a great scarf! I love the Ivory too. You may not say ‘kid-friendly’ but…… I can recommend a good dry cleaners if it gets a stain on it!
10. Simply Vera- I need to go to Kohls. LBD by Vera Wang for $68 is awesome. Paired with a great necklace – DONE. Can’t wear a dress? Opaque stockings with boy short underwear. You can do it!
11. Flats- Look how sparkly! You can’t go wrong… so many stores sell them. Some even with sparkly bows on them! Man, I’m really into sparkly things this year!
Hopefully, no matter what kind of mama you are and no matter what your Christmas Day plans are, you can find something to wear that’s a *little more special than your ever day look! Even if its a new sweatshirt with a little bling on it, go for it!
And next year, I won’t put this kind of post together in a minute!