When I’m having a busy day, the easiest thing for me to throw together that includes a meat, starch and veggie is a Pasta Dish. Not to mention, if you watch your portion size, I consider it a healthy dinner! This dish included lots of Spinach & Tomatoes and though you don’t have to put as much cheese on top as we do, well… its good, isn’t it? This is my Quick & Easy Weeknight Pasta!
1 lb. Rigatoni Pasta
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 large onion, Diced
1 Package fresh Spinach
1-28 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
1 lb. meat of your choice (Ground Turkey, Sweet or Hot Sausage, Ground Beef)
Seasonings: S&P, Italian Seasoning, Fresh Basil, Red Pepper Flakes
Romano and/or Parmesan Cheese
- Boil Water for Pasta Noodles.
- In large skillet, heat EVOO.
- Saute garlic & onion (S&P) then add meat of your choice. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add Diced Tomatoes (with juice) and seasonings. Mix.
- Add Spinach leaves, turn heat to med-low and cook until spinach is wilted. (You can cover it with a lid while simmering.)
- Top with Cheese (I like Romano!)
The sky is the limit with this dish – Add whatever other veggies you have in the fridge too! A diced red pepper or mushrooms would be great additions!