After spending a week in San Diego, California, our PiggyToes are home and the first thing that I needed to do was get some food in the house! I purchased a few cartons of fresh strawberries to bake this delicious bread recipe that my friend, Sarah sent to me. The last time I made it was after the boys and I went Strawberry Picking (see that adventure here) ~ Its sooo good!
Fresh Strawberry Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups strawberries, rinse, dried and chopped
1. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
4. Carefully fold in strawberries. Dough mixture will be thick.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. (Our loaf took about 58 minutes)
Thank You Sarah for this delicious recipe!