I love that our little family now has a few traditions throughout the year and this is one of them! Monkey Bread.
Monkey Bread is prepared on Christmas Eve and left sitting out on the counter until Christmas morning. Then, all you have to do when you wake is preheat your oven, set a timer, and voila!
20 minutes later, breakfast is served!
My friend T shared this recipe with me a few years ago, and since then, it’s been our Christmas morning breakfast. I’ve shared it with many people I know too, and I think of each and every one of them on Christmas Eve while preparing this! Its fun knowing that we’re all in the kitchen at the same time. I smile as I put all of the little frozen dinner rolls in my bundt pan. I know I’m not alone and I love it… really, I do!
Join me (and all the other mamas) in the kitchen this Christmas Eve! Run to the store and get these ingredients for this easy to make Christmas Morning Breakfast!
- 18-20 Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 stick of melted butter
- Cinnamon (to your liking… we like a lot!)
- 1/3 (about) packet of Jello Vanilla Pudding (not instant)
- Grease a bundt pan & sprinkle a little cinnamon into the pan.
- Place Rolls down (try your best to do this evenly or you will have a lopsided product).
- Sprinkle more cinnamon on top, then brown sugar, then dry pudding mix.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Dampen a kitchen towel and ring out with warm water. Lay over the pan and leave it out overnight for it to rise.
- CHRISTMAS MORNING – Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Bake 20 minutes
- Let it rest for a few minutes. This is what it will look like:
Then, flip it over and let the goodness run down the sides.
Pull apart, close your eyes, take a bite…
Merry Christmas Mamas! Now you don’t have to spend Christmas Morning in the kitchen!