When designing the boys bathroom, I knew a few things right from the start.
- I knew that I wanted to incorporate the word ‘BOYS’ in the floor tile. Since we are not planning to ‘flip’ our house, I wasn’t concerned with spelling that out on the floor. In fact, I thought it would look awesome being that it’s truly custom to us.
- I knew that I wanted a dark shower curtain and not a glass shower door. Shower curtains are so much better for a mama bathing little ones in a bath-tub. Have you even tried to bath 2+ little kids in a bath with a permanent glass shower door? Oiy! It’s hard!
- I wanted an elongated toilet instead of a standard toilet. Elongated toilets are better for BOYS. True. Fact. Trust me. This is their bathroom and I wanted them to be very comfortable!
- I also knew that I wanted a double vanity. A closed ‘box’ vanity would make the room feel smaller, so that’s why I came up with the idea to place 2 pedestal sinks side by side. Had I not had a linen closet behind the door, I probably wouldn’t have done that but this works out great! I have the storage in a closet and the ‘open’ feel with the pedestal sinks!
We have 3 boys who are currently ages 5, 4 and 1, so it’s only fitting for their own personal bathroom to read, ‘BOYS’. Not to mention, it’s a big conversation piece when we have visitors!
Here’s what we did in the boys bathroom:
- Take down the wallpaper (Our handy man used a lot of DIF Gel and scraper blades!)
- Lift the floor with scrapers
- Remove old fixtures
- Ran new electrical and a ventilation system
- Patched with drywall and mud
- Added electrical in the ceiling for 2 pendant lights
- Install new shower head and drain in the bath-tub/shower
BEFORE / AFTER
* The bathtub (behind the shower curtain) was in great condition and had new(er) white square tile. After installing a new shower head and drain, we gave it a good scrub and it’s like new!*
Room Details (with Purchase Links)
Wall Color- Mindful Gray from Sherwin Williams
Pendant Lights- Home Depot
Elongated Toilet- Delta
Towel Hook- Bed, Bath and Beyond
Toilet Paper Holder- Bed, Bath and Beyond
Garbage Can- Bed, Bath and Beyond
Shower Curtain- Bed, Bath and Beyond
Mirrors- Custom made with electrical outlet cutouts by Rex Glass
Chocolate Brown Throw Rug- Pottery Barn
Personalized Step Stools- Pottery Barn
Football Art- TJMaxx
I love the boys bathroom and everyone (including Rocco and Roman) just love the floor tile! It’s unique and fun and hey, if we were to ever get sick of ‘boys’ being in the tile, it’s not a big deal to pop out each of the black squares and replace it with a new white square. All I know is…
For now, we love it! Thanks for checking out this space!